GSM BASED SINGLE PHASE TRANSFORMER PROTECTION
Theme Of The Project:
Our project is a simulated to protect the transformer.
A protection system for single phase transformer will be designed and developed to protect the overload parameters such as Voltage, Current and Temperature using Global System for Mobiles.
A single phase transformer protection system will have facility to display these parameters on LCD. Using GSM system, these parameters will be transmitted to a distant location. If any of above parameters exceeded then the transformer will automatically off and protect from burns up, and a message will sent to the control unit. Hence we can totally control transformer and protect it with great efficiency.
There are two main parts of our project
- Transformer Design
- GSM Module Interfacing
}Transformer is a static device which convert a.c electrical power form one voltage to another voltage form keeping the frequency same by electromagnetic induction
Types of Transformer by Application
- Current transformer:-
- A current transformer is a device for measuring a current flowing through a power system and inputting the measured current to a protective relay system.
- A current transformer produces a reduced current accurately proportional to the current in the circuit, which can be conveniently connected to measuring and recording instruments.
•Transformer is designed in our project
§Step down transformer
• Capacity of transformer is 663VA
• Step down transformer is taking 220V ac input from WAPDA and is generating an output voltage of 110V.
• Core area of transformer is 5 sq. inch.
Designed values of step down transformer
•GSM Module is used
• Easy synchronization with PIC 18F452
• Use of AT Commands
Benefits of GSM Part
§ Monitoring from mobile station
§ Fault Alert
§ Setting of Voltage
§ Reduce manpower
§ Low cost
•This technique can be applied at the distribution end for the advancement and betterment of our power system
• GSM based monitoring can be used at NCC(National Control Centre)
• GSM system provides control with mobility
Areas Of Development
•For large scale monitoring and control of the power system elements, more than one microcontroller can be interfaced in parallel with the GSM module.
• Multiple GSM modules in parallel can be used which provides fast communication and operation facility.